ARISCOM National Conference on Contemporary Issues related to Social Sciences, Commerce and Management
Nov 26, 2017 (Sunday)
- Academicians (faculty members, researchers and students), industry practitioners, entrepreneurs, NGOs and policy makers are invited to share their views and experiences in the Annual Conference of ARISCOM scheduled on Nov 26, 2017 (Sunday). Information about the Conference venue shall be provided in due course.
- The objective of the Conference is to invite papers on research issues relating to social sciences, commerce and management and discuss the same in two broad groups viz., Group I (Social Sciences) and Group — ll (Commerce and Management). Selected papers would be published in two separate biannual journals, viz. ARISCOM Journal of Social Sciences and ARISCOM Journal of Commerce and Management.
- Only such papers that are in conformity with the Guidelines to Authors (please see the next page) shall be considered for presentation during the Conference. The authors are also required to register themselves in advance for attending the Conference (registration form for attending the Conference is provided separately).
- We are extremely honoured to have two eminent personalities, Professor Dr. Prabal K. Sen, Chairperson, Entrepreneurship Development Centre, XLRI, Jamshedpur and Professor Shailendra Singh, Director, Indian Institute of Management Ranchi as Keynote Speakers for this Conference.
- All papers accepted by the Jury for presentation shall be published in the Conference proceedings. There shall be two parallel technical sessions for the two groups of papers i.e. Group I: Social Sciences and Group ll: Commerce & Management. There is a provision for Best Paper Award for selected papers of faculty, researcher and student separately for social sciences group and commerce & management group.
- Papers selected by the Review Committee shall be published in the concerned Journals of the Association viz. ARISCOM Journal of Social Sciences and ARISCOM Journal of Commerce and Management. Registered members (annual / life member) shall get a complimentary copy of the published biannual journal.
- A Souvenir shall be published to commemorate the occasion.
Group — I: Social Sciences
Unpublished papers on the contemporary topics related to the broader fields of social sciences are invited for presentation in the conference; inter-disciplinary studies will be preferred. However, papers could be prepared on any broad theme, not of course, strictly related to the following indicative themes.
- Access, Equity and Excellence in Education
- Status of Tribal Education in Jharkhand
- Dynamics of Economic Dependence in India’s Societal Structure
- Sustainable Agricultural Development
- Regional Disparities in Human Development
- Role of Infrastructure in Industrial Development
- Globalisation, Digitalisation, Competitiveness and National Dividend
- Skill Development and India’s Economic Growth
- Education and Economic Growth
- Domestic Tourism in India /Jharkhand
- Women Studies (Healthcare, Sanitation, Nutrition and Social Evils)
Group — ll: Commerce & Management
Unpublished papers on the contemporary topics of national / regional importance related to broader functional specialisation of Finance, Marketing, Operations and HRM are invited for presentation in the conference; preference will be given to sectoral specialisation issues and analysis. However, a few indicative themes are given as under.
- Rejuvenating Management Education
- Professionalisation of Higher Education: Issues and Challenges
- Ethics and Spirituality at Workplace
- Customers‘ Satisfaction
- Micro Finance & Inclusive Growth
- Corporate Finance & E-Governance
- Potentials of MSME
- Changing Paradigms in Marketing Services
- Branding & Organisational Excellence
- CSR / ESR for Sustainable Development & Sustainability
- Business Policies, Strategies and Performance
Guidelines to Authors
To facilitate blind-peer review, the covering letter should include the title of the paper, author’s name, designation, address, mobile numbers and e-mail-id. In thecovering letter itself the author(s) must declare that “the submitted paper is original and has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. ” It should also include the abstract in brief (maximum 200 words) with keywords (maximum 5 numbers) written in italics.
Paper should begin with the title in capital bold in Times New Roman, font size 16, followed by the main text in font size 12 with line spacing of 1.5 and 1 inch margin on all four sides.
Paper should be presented in standard format with Sub-title, Introduction, Objectives, Hypothesis/Research Questions, Data & Methodology, Discussion/Analysis, Findings/Results, Conclusion (Suggestions and Limitations if any) and then References. The Appendix, if any, should be placed at the end.
- The footnote should be avoided and in-text reference should be used e.g. Saxena (2011), Saxena and Kapoor(2012), Kapoor(2013 p5) etc.
- In case of books, edited books, articles in edited books, articles in journals or web—based content, the citations in the references must be as under.
Whom to send / General queries
A soft copy of the paper in A4 size MS Word (maximum of 5000 words including table,chart, figures etc.) should be sent to email@example.com. For any queries related to the National Conference please contact Mr. Chinmoy Kumar, Secretary, ARISCOM on 09199943334 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last date for submission of Abstract : Oct 30, 2017
- Last date for submission of Full Paper : Nov 18, 2017
- Date for Issuance of Acceptance Letter : Nov 1, 2017
- Last date for Submitting Conference Participation Form with Fee : Nov 18, 2017
- (Mode of Payment is given in Annexure ll — Conference Participation Form)
Payment of Membership Fee and Conference Participation Fee
The payment of fee at prescribed rates (details for different categories of participants are given in Membership Form and Registration Form for Conference Participation) may be made by demand draft (any commercial bank) in favour of Association for Research in Social Sciences, Commerce and Management payable at Ranchi.
Rates of Advertisement in the Souvenir
- Full page Colour Rs. 30,000/-
- Full page B&W Rs. 20,000/—
- Half page Colour Rs. 10,000/-
- Half Page B&W : Rs. 5,000/-
Note: Payment may be made by a/c payee cheque or DD in favour of “Association for Research in Social Sciences, Commerce and Management” payable at Ranchi. The payment could also be made through bank transfer; details can be provided on demand, if required. For any assistance in the payment of membership fee, participation fee etc. you may contact Dr. N. R. Tripathy, Treasurer, ARISCOM on 09934327663.